Carbon dioxide has been emitted into the atmosphere at ever increasing levels since the Industrial Revolution. The ocean absorbs about one-quarter of the carbon dioxide added to the atmosphere by human activities. The absorption of carbon dioxide by the ocean triggers a series of chemical reactions which produces carbonic acid (see figure below), making the oceans more acidic (lower pH) and a decreasing the concentration of carbonate in the water.
- A Petition to create the Biggest Marine Reserve in the world.... fb.me/1hMBhBuAp 3 years ago
- fb.me/4rOON1VsD 4 years ago
- Everything is doing well @ koh tao 4 years ago
- Something really, really terrible is about to happen to our coral fb.me/727EqulUt 5 years ago
- CRC @ Koh Tao 5 years ago